Churchyard typography

July 22, 2015

 

A visit in Christiansfeld, a town of UNESCO’s list of the world’s cultural heritage. The town was founded in 1773 by German Moravian Brethren from Herrnhut by order of King Christian VII. The Herrnhuts were very skilled craftsmen and tradesmen, so they created the new town Christiansfeld from what was literally just a bare field. On "God's Field" (the congregation's unusual churchyard) we saw these beautifull crafted stones telling typographic history which goes back from 1773 and until now .

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Selected

Speaker at TYPOMANIA Moscow 2019

April 8, 2019

1/10
Please reload

Latest posts

September 18, 2019